In recent years, rice water has gained a lot of popularity and has emerged as a natural hair care secret with a promise to transform dull, lifeless hair into luscious locks. For ages, Asian women have been using rice water as a beauty elixir, particularly for hair care and now the world is catching on.
It is a starchy liquid that is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants rice water can nourish and strengthen your hair. The major component of rice water is inositol, which is a carbohydrate that can help repair damaged hair and promote hair growth. Additionally, the amino acids help rebuild and strengthen the hair shaft, making it less prone to breakage and split ends. It can be usedin various forms such as fermented rice water, rice water spray and rice and wheat volumizing shampoo.
Rice Water Shampoo Benefits
Rice water is a fantastic natural remedy for regaining and maintaining hair health. It has bucketloads of benefits for your hair.
- Nourishment and Moisturization- The proteins and vitamins present in rice water help nourish and hydrate your hair, leaving it soft, shiny, and manageable.
- Improved Hair Growth- Inositol is a major component in rice water, a carbohydrate that can repair damaged hair and stimulate hair growth, leading to longer, thicker locks over time.
- Strength and Elasticity- Amino acids present in rice water strengthens the hair shaft which reduces breakage and improves elasticity, resulting in healthier, stronger and more resilient hair.
How To Use Rice Water For Hair?
There are multiple ways through which you can incorporate rice water in your hair care regime. Some of them are:
- Fermented Rice Water Rinse-
- Just rinse half a cup of rice thoroughly.
- Then soak the rinsed rice in a clean container with two cups of water for around 30 minutes.
- Strain the water in a separate container and let it sit at room temperature, allowing it to ferment for 24-48 hours.
- After the fermentation, dilute the rice water with equal parts room temperature water and use it as a final rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Follow the initial steps for rinsing the rice and place the rinsed rice in a clean container, adding three cups of water.
- Allow it to soak for 30 minutes, strain it in a spray bottle and refrigerate.
- After washing and conditioning, spray the rice water thoroughly on your hair, focusing more on the roots and lengths.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Another way of incorporating rice water into your regimen is by using the shampoo. The benefits of rice water shampoo are immense.
- Using the rice water shampoo along with the conditioner regularly can hugely impact the improvement of your hair.
- Just wet your hair, lather the shampoo, rinse, and condition. You are good to go!
Frequency, Tips & Tricks!
You can use rice water on your hair once or twice a week, depending on your hair care regime and the condition of your hair. If your hair is excessively oily, you may want to dilute the rice water with plain water before application.
- Begin with a small quantity of rice water and gradually increase the quantity as your hair adjusts to the treatment.
- Store the leftover rice water in the refrigerator for a maximum of one week. Do not use it after one week.
- Try experimenting with various essential oils like lavender or rosemary for added fragrance and benefits.
Remember, consistency is key to seeing noticeable results.
Incorporating rice water into your hair care routine can be a game changer. It is a simple yet powerful treatment that can transform the health and appearance of your locks, offering a natural and affordable way to take care of your lovely hair. Its natural, nourishing properties, combined with its ability to promote growth, strength, elasticity, and adding a radiant shine make it an excellent addition to your hair care regime.
This blog is written by Kanchan Kapoor